Our club has about 60 members. All ages are welcome. At present the membership age ranges from early middle age upwards.
We welcome visitors who wish to sample the experience of bushwalking. Walking as a visitor is the starting point for prospective members (How do I get started?).
Joining our club
To become a full member of Bushwalkers of Western Australia a prospective member must complete 3 club walks as a visitor in one year. The walk leader will sign a combined walks record and application form at the end of each walk. This form has entries for all 3 walks. The $5 non-members fee charged on walks becomes the joining fee ($15) at completion of the probationary walks.
Annual Fees are : $25 single or $45 double.
Fees are used for these expenses:
- Public liability and personal accident insurance policy for our club.
- Recurring costs of our web site.
- Maps which any member may use for walks planning.
- Membership of associate organisations such as Hike West (The peak body for bushwalking and hiking in WA).
- AGM and Christmas party expenses.